This course is designed for people who have completed the course Introduction to the FairShares Model (Certified FairShares Practitioners) and/or Introduction to FairShares Social Auditing Course course (Certified FairShares Social Auditors) who want to develop their careers as managers, trainers or coaches in a FairShares Lab and become a Certified FairShares Professional.
The course is designed as part of a professional qualification (with tutor support throughout). It is suitable for entrepreneurs, managers and educators seeking to create, support and develop a physical or virtual FairShares Lab in which the FairShares Model is applied to co-operative development projects.
Upon successful completion, you will become a Certified FairShares Trainer (subject to passing the final assessment).
This course counts towards Certified FairShares Professional status.
It includes thirteen sessions that are studied in three blocks (or three days) of a structured course, or through online study activities. By the end of the course, you will have reviewed and critically assessed skills and knowledge required to create, support and develop a FairShares Lab and will have applied FairShares values and principles to co-operative development.
- Social entrepreneurs, co-operative development professionals and social enterprise managers who want to establish a FairShares Lab in their city, region or country.
- Enterprise educators and management consultants seeking to apply the FairShares Model in university and professional development courses.
The course has three learning goals which reflect the three days of the course:
- To raise enterprise educators' awareness of the skills they have or need to develop to provide support to members of a FairShares Labs (Day 1)
- To deepen learners' knowledge of the Methodology for Creating a FairShares Lab so that it can be adapted and tailored to specific contexts (Day 2)
- To enhance and deepen learners' knowledge of applying the FairShares Model during the support and development of FairShares enterprises (Day 3).
Learning MethodsAction learning through a structured interactive course of study:
- Self- and Group- study based on downloadable learning activities
- Critical review of videos and learning materials
- Customisation of existing learning materials
- Critical discussion and experiential learning through group learning techniques
- Creation of materials to support learning and teaching
This course supports online self-study and face-to-face cohorts studying together.